A visit to my farm is a great educational trip for your class
– and it’s completely free for schools!
I’ll get your children thinking about where their food comes from and teach them all about the lifecycle of crops – and we can work together to makes sure the whole day matches your curriculum.
What you can expect from your visit:
• An understanding of the process of farming
• Getting hands on with the crops in the fields
• Learning about irrigation, dykes and reservoirs
• Information on vermin and pest control
• Prepared lessons in our 30 seat classroom
• Stunning countryside - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)
• Sitting inside the tractors and combine
• Local wildlife, we’re sometimes also joined by ducklings, baby pheasants and birds of prey
Flexible farm trips
Come for the morning, the afternoon or stay the whole day – just remember to bring your pack ups. We can also tailor the visit around the ages and the topic you’re studying to make sure it’s as educational as possible.
When we’ve had a good look around the farm, our 30 seater classroom has a DVD player and projector, as well as a host of other teaching resources, to expand on what they’ve seen and help them understand how it all works.
To more information or to book, please get in touch.